Re: BUG #3804: initdb.exe cannot be started

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #3804: initdb.exe cannot be started
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference:      3804
> Logged by:          Juergen Zimmermann
> Email address:      Juergen.Zimmermann@HS-Karlsruhe.de
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3 beta4
> Operating system:   Windows XP Prof. SP2
> Details:
>
> I wanted to install PG 8.3beta4 with just the ZIP file, i.e. without the
> installer.
>
> When invoking "initdb -A password -E UTF8 -U postgres -W" as an
> unpriviledged Windows user I get this German error message:
>
> "Das angegebene Programm kann nicht ausgeführt werden."
>
> Basically this means:
> "The specified program cannot be executed".
>
> Using 8.3beta2 there was no problem

When you usd the non-installer version you have to take care to have the correct version of the microsoft runtime
librariesyourself. Most likely the ones you have are the wrong servicepack level.

IIRC there's a note of it in the readme or so. If not, it should be added.

/Magnus