Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I do have a longer term issue that there is no information provided by
> > EXPLAIN to allow us to differentiate these two conditions.
>
> Sure there is: the new startup condition affects the estimated plan
> startup cost (only) and the existing termination condition affects the
> estimated total cost (only).

Yes, but how can you tell by looking at the explain?  I think the point
is that the "fraction that would be skipped" should be reported somehow.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
Criptografía: Poderosa técnica algorítmica de codificación que es

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric