Re: postmaster logfile

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: postmaster logfile
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gauthier, Dave escribió:
> Well, I can start the server with....
>
> postmaster -D /myplace/db
>
> ... and then...
> ^z
> bg
>
> ... to get to the prompt.  But each/every time a message from the
> postmaster gets logged, it goes to stdout of the current window.  I want
> it to go to a logfile.  Attempts to redirect with "&" all seem to fail.
> "postmaster -d myplace/db -l logfile start" (as was in the message right
> after the initial db create) doesn't seem to work.

Enable the redirect_stderr config option in postgresql.conf.  That
should do the trick.  You can change the log file name and directory
on postgresql.conf too.

initdb doesn't say you can use -l in postmaster; it is talking about
pg_ctl.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"MySQL is a toy compared to PostgreSQL."             (Randal L. Schwartz)