Re: "relation deleted while in use" encountered with Postgresql 8.0.8

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: "relation deleted while in use" encountered with Postgresql 8.0.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 29 November 2007 2:44 pm, Gautam Sampathkumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a python script w/ the PyGreSQL library to insert 1 billion rows
> into a database table for an experiment (performing a commit every 10K
> rows). My script failed at about 170M rows with the following exception:
>
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 163, in execute
>     self.executemany(operation, (params,))
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 185, in
> executemany
>     raise DatabaseError, "error '%s' in '%s'" % ( msg, sql )
> pg.DatabaseError: error 'ERROR:  relation 184577 deleted while still in use
> ' in 'INSERT INTO nfs_files_10 (mxid, fhInode, fhGen, fhSnapId, fhFlags,
> name, parentInode, parentGen, parentSnapId, parentFlags, extension, type,
> atime, mtime, fileSize, owner, generation) VALUES (10, 120, 927370846, 0,
> 0, 'gummy0.txt', 1204041, 927370729, 0, 0, 'txt', 0, 1112147234,
> 1112147234, 40960, NULL, 2);'
>

> After this error, my database table no longer exists and appeared to have
> been dropped, although my script was doing only INSERT statements. Any
> ideas on what might be causing this and/or if this a known issue and
> possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Gautam
Is it possible to show the python script?
Also were you using the logging functions in Postgres?
If so what does the log file show?
Was another application/person accessing the database at the same time?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Linux v.s. Mac OS-X Performance
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: log_line_prefix='%t %u %d %h %p %i %l %x ' causes error