Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Alex Hochberger wrote:
> It's not on rebuilding the index, it's on CREATE INDEX.
>
> I attribute it to wrong setting, Ubuntu bizarre-ness, and general problems.

Please do not top-post.  I reformatted your message for clarity.

Richard is still correct: it is not normal to get out-of-memory errors
during index building, regardless of age of servers and Linux distro.
Perhaps you just have a maintenance_work_mem setting that's too large
for your server.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Uno puede defenderse de los ataques; contra los elogios se esta indefenso"