Re: Time to update list of contributors

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Time to update list of contributors
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2007 16:09, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Magnus,

> > > Yeah.  Too bad we don't have access to some kind of GIS database or
> > > something which we could use to generate a map.  ;-)
> >
> > Well, we have a GIS database, but we don't have the mapping data :-P
>
> Well, it is easy to do it via google maps API. I did this once before on my
> old dev installed, which I'm pretty sure was trashed, but could be redone.
> You need to store everyones lat/lon, and then generate an xml file with the
> proper info, but it's not to tricky.  Granted using a service based on
> PostGIS would be cooler, but I've not yet seen one as simple to use as
> google's stuff.

I have a map of my Postgres trips using Google:
http://momjian.us/main/trips.html

Robert is right you just have a javascript file with longitude/latutude
and city name.  Here is the javascript I use:
http://momjian.us/main/js/google_map_api.js

I downloaded a location longitude/latutudes from:
http://www.maxmind.com/download/worldcities/

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: