BUG #3786: report error:"ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8""

От wengxc
Тема BUG #3786: report error:"ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8""
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3786
Logged by:          wengxc
Email address:      wengxc@zjheadway.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system:   RHEL AS4
"UTF8""
Details:

my postgresql server encoding:UTF-8,client_encoding:gbk
when I execute some query sql,the database report the error frequently
:“ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
0xe334”,especially when insert some text include "\" and
numbers,e.g.\888.
there is no error report when insert the text, but it occur when select ,how
can I resolve this problem If I don't change the server encoding and client
encoding?
thanks