Re: How cast interval to minutes as number?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: How cast interval to minutes as number?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I have a column with timestamps  --> some_ts  .
> I'd like to calculate the amount of time between this timestamp and NOW().
>
> select   some_ts - NOW()   from some_table;
>
> This results in a column of type  interval.
>  How would I get this interval converted into e.g. minutes.

Okay, lets assume i want to know how old is my daughter, in minutes:

test=# select EXTRACT (EPOCH FROM  now() - '2007-07-28 09:15:00'::timestamp )::int/60;
 ?column?
   172896
(1 row)

You can exchange the fix timestamp with a column from a table, no
problem.

Hope that helps, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Сообщение: Re: How cast interval to minutes as number?
Сообщение: Re: How cast interval to minutes as number?