Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 14. November 2007, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Certainly your statement from the Gentoo forum posting "The 8.2
> pg_dump won't do anything about those implicit casts, but the 8.3
> version will take care of a lot of potential problems with them."
> would be sheer magic and certainly don't correspond to anything
> implemented in pg_dump.

That may not have been explicitly said in the current discussion, but it
has certainly been my impression that so is the case. My apologies if
this is an unwarranted assumption.

If somebody would dispel my ignorance and explain _why_ we should use
the 8.3 pg_dump, I'd be very thankful.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/

Сообщение: Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash