Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Gborg: announcement by 404

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Gborg: announcement by 404
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:18:07 -0000
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

> Did I miss something, or was there no post made to -announce
> and/or -general about this? Since even people on the -www list

There were not announcements this time and there certainly should have
been. However, there have been many, many announcements trying to get
people off gborg and I have very little sympathy for any who were stuck.

I personally emailed every single member telling them that it was shut
down. If they couldn't get up the time to move it in a year, I doubt
they ever would have had to courtesy to move when we asked, over and
over and over for them to do so.

> seemed to have been caught by surprise by the move, I think we should
> at least make a public announcement.

Agreed.

> Perhaps a news item or other
> mention on the main postgresql.org page? Something on the main
> pgfoundry.org page?

Well I don't think we need anything on the postgresql.org but on the
pgfoundry.org page. I will also write up a mention on planetpostgresql
which will get aggregated in lots of places (including .org).

> Some sort of redirect or friendlier message is needed as well. For
> example, the second link when Googling for "Postgres Slony" is:
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1
>
> ...which now gives a very unfriendly 404 message from pgfoundry.

Well that is kind of dumb. Slony hasn't been on gborg for a year.

Joshua D. Drake

- --

            UNIQUE NOT NULL

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: