Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christian Schröder wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Please try "thread apply all bt full" on gdb.
>>

> The first lines where the symbols are loaded are of course identical. The
> output of the command is in my opinion not very helpful:

I was actually hoping that it would list the running threads in the
process.  It would have sufficed to say "info threads", but the "bt
full" command would have given more detail in case there were more.

I find it a bit strange that it tells you that there is one thread; in a
simple try here, it doesn't say anything at all:

(gdb) info threads
(gdb)

In any case I can see in the files from which symbols are loaded that
some Perl stuff seem to be multithreaded ... maybe that's were the
problem comes from.

Hmm, after creating a plperl function it is indeed different:

(gdb) info threads
* 1 Thread 0x2ba8945f3e20 (LWP 3606)  0x00002ba894370645 in recv ()
   from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)