BUG #3713: problem with thread safety???

От Ted Petrosky
Тема BUG #3713: problem with thread safety???
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3713
Logged by:          Ted  Petrosky
Email address:      tedpet5@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3 beta 2
Operating system:   OS X 10.5
Details:

whilst configuring on a new Leopard install with this config line:

./configure --with-bonjour --enable-thread-safety --with-perl --with-python
--with-libedit-preferred

checking for sgmlspl... no
checking thread safety of required library functions... no
configure: error: thread test program failed
This platform is not thread-safe.  Check the file 'config.log'for the
exact reason.

You can use the configure option --enable-thread-safety-force to force
threads to be enabled.  But you must then run the program in
src/test/thread and add locking function calls to your applications to
guarantee thread safety.

I have never seen this before on OS X and I don't really know if it is a
limitation or a bug.

Ted