Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> This seems pretty entirely orthogonal to the commit-fest proposal.
> I see no reason to think that snapshots taken at those times would
> be any better than any other nightly snapshot, nor any reason
> to memorialize them in an archive.

I can see that.  And it would be pretty hard to keep members of the public
from treating the persistent snapshots as releases, and then flooding the
lists when they break.

So, scratch an idea with unintended consequences.  I'll just have to keep
the snapshots on our CVS slave.

I do hope that the commit-fests will lead to more testing, though, just
because people waiting for a specific feature will want to try out the
initial commit of that feature.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus