Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
> > I wrote:
> >> Maybe "aword", "word", and "numword"?
> >
> > Does the lack of response mean people are satisfied with that?
>
> Sorry, I had a couple responses partially written but never finished.
>
> If we were doing it from scratch I would suggest using longer names. At the
> least I would still suggest using "ascii" or "asciiword" instead of "aword".

+1 for asciiword; "aword" sounds too much like "a word" which is not the
meaning I think we're trying to convey.  It is a bit longer, but there
are longer names already so I don't think it's a problem.  (It's not
like it's something anyone needs to type often).

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"En el principio del tiempo era el desencanto.  Y era la desolación.  Y era