Re: Release notes introductory text

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Release notes introductory text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:34:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > >
> > > You do realize that this will make many managers very reluctant to adopt
> > > it before it has settled in for many months, right?
> > >
> > > If the goal is to provide fair warning of a high-than-usual-risk
> > > release, you've got it covered.
> >
> > No, that was not the intent. The indent was to say we got a lot done in
> > one year.  You have a suggestion?
>
> What if you changed "were added rapidly" to "were quickly brought to
> maturity" or something like that?

Updated text is:
This release represents a major leap forward for PostgreSQL by addingsignificant new functionality and performance
enhancements.This wasmade possible by a growing community that has dramatically acceleratedthe pace of development.
Thisrelease adds the follow majorcapabilities:

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com