Getting started with jdbc3 and eclipse

От Dominik Heller
Тема Getting started with jdbc3 and eclipse
Дата
Re: Getting started with jdbc3 and eclipse  (Michael Schmidt <MichaelMSchmidt@msn.com>)
Re: Getting started with jdbc3 and eclipse  (Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi All,
I am about to get started with postgresql 8.2 and eclipse. the installation of the postgres DB was successful and now
myproblem is how to find the driver in eclipse. I have set the classpath correctly and I also added the library to the
eclipseproject (although I know the is not even neccessary).

So now by trying to establish a connection with the following code:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
            db = DriverManager.getConnection("localhost:5432", "postgres", "*****");

I get this exception:

    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
    at com.seitenbau.test.testDB.<init>(testDB.java:12)
    at com.seitenbau.test.App.main(App.java:14)

So I am using jdk 1.5_12 and the postgresql-8.2-506.jdbc3.jar

Does someone has any idea? THX in advance

-Dominik