Re: Back-patch support for python 2.5?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Back-patch support for python 2.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I noticed that two of the buildfarm members are failing the 8.1
> branch because they're trying to build plpython with python 2.5.  To
> get that to work, I think we'd need to back-patch these two fixes:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-11/msg00165.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-04/msg00043.php
> Is that worth doing?  Should we go further back than 8.1?

I find these patches a bit excessive for backporting, especially 10
minor releases into the branch.

Those who need Python 2.5 can use PostgreSQL 8.2.  I consider that to be
a new feature.  The fact that the buildfarm exercises other
combinations isn't evidence of a practical need.

--
Peter Eisentraut