Re: CHAR SETS

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: CHAR SETS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 11:23:41AM -0600, Cesar Alvarez wrote:
> Good day everyone
>
> I got a question, what are the differences of SQL_ASCII and UTF8, witch
> one should i use??

Well, SQL_ASCII means basically that what you put in you get out, but
the DB is going treat it as ASCII, umlauts/etc simply won't be
recognised. UTF8 means the DB will check your data is properly
represented and make an effort to handle case-sensetivity and such
things for you.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения