Re: Seems we need a post-beta1 initdb already

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Seems we need a post-beta1 initdb already
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

#2 seems like a much better choice. A small inconvenience during beta is much better than one in the actual release.

People running the beta expects us to try not to force initdb, but also that we'll do it if we have to.

Might be worthwhile to try to get beta2 out as quickly as we can after the changes are in, to minimize the number of
peoplewho will need it?

> Also, if we do #2 it means that we have the option to resolve the
> contrib/txid mess by pushing txid into the core backend before beta2.
> Any votes pro or con on that?

Absolutely pro.

/Magnus