Re: Locales and Encodings

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Locales and Encodings
Дата
Re: Locales and Encodings  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:03:47PM +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:
> This approach doesn't address that but I don't think it makes the problems
> there any worse either. That is, I think already have these problems around
> shared tables.

Or we could just setup encodings/locales per column and the problem
goes away entirely. Most of the code's already been written, it's not
even terribly difficult. Where we're stuck is that we can't agree on a
source of locale data. People don't want the ICU or glibc data and
there's no other source as readily available.

Perhaps we should fix that problem, rather than making more
workarounds.

Have a nice day,