Re: Some questions about mammoth replication

От Alexey Klyukin
Тема Re: Some questions about mammoth replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Alexey Klyukin <alexk@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > > For what use cases do you think your WAL-based approach is better than
> > > Slony/Skytools trigger-based one ?
> >
> > A pure trigger based approach can only replicate data for the commands
> > which fire triggers. AFAIK Slony is unable to replicate TRUNCATE
> > command (I don't know if Skytools can). Replicator doesn't have this
> > limitation.
>
> No, Skytools is same as Slony.
>
> Can you also replicate changes to system tables?

No, we need a table to have primary key to be able to replicate it. From
the other hand replicating a system relation can be dangerous, i.e. what if
you replicate the contents of pg_class without corresponing relations on the slave, that's why explicitly forbid
enablingreplication for relations from pg_catalog namespace.

Regards,
--
Alexey Klyukin                         http://www.commandprompt.com/