Re: building a performance test suite

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: building a performance test suite
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007, Kevin Kempter a écrit :
> I'm preparing to create a test suite of very complex queries that can be
> profiled in terms of load and performance. The ultimate goal is to define a
> load/performance profile during a run of the old application code base and
> then again with changes to the application code base.

You may want to consider using pgfouine and Tsung, the former to create tsung
sessions from PostgreSQL logs and the latter to replay them simulating any
number of concurrent users.

Tsung can also operate as PostgreSQL proxy recorder, you point your
application to it, it forwards the queries and record a session file for you.

The replay process can mix several sessions and use several phases of
different load behaviours.

Then a little helper named tsung-plotter could be useful to draw several Tsung
results on the same charts for comparing.

Some links:
  http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html
  http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
  http://debian.dalibo.org/sid/tsung-ploter_0.1-1_all.deb
  http://debian.dalibo.org/sid/tsung-ploter_0.1-1.tar.gz

Hope this helps, regards,
--
dim

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Performance problems with prepared statements
Сообщение: Re: Performance problems with prepared statements