Re: Artificially increase TransactionID?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Artificially increase TransactionID?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:57:57 -0700
"Robert A. Klahn" <robert@kint.org> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I am interested in increasing the PostgreSQL TransactionID, as part
> of testing a (yet another) replication system that I am working on.
> (http://bruce.codehaus.org/ for the interested). I would like to
> test what happens when the transactionID crosses 2^31 and when it
> wraps around at 2^32-1. Other than running "select now()" 2^31 times,
> is there a practical way to raise the transactionID by large amounts?
>
> I need to test against Pg 8.1.X and 8.2.X, and probably 8.3 while Im
> at it.

Well without significant changes, my guess is what will happen is
postgresql will shut itself down and make you vacuum :)

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL