Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended trans action ID module to contrib as

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended trans action ID module to contrib as
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > (1) we've always been laxer about contrib than the core code,
>
> While that appears to be true, I think
>
> (a) there is no technical reason allowing us to do that, and
> (b) most people don't seem to like it.

I will even go so far as to say there are technical reasons not to do it. I beleive that contrib is currently included
inmost if not all our packages. It certainly is on win32 and I think I've seen the RPMs. It may not be loaded by
default but it's there. And that will have users expecting the same code quality as for the rest of the PGDG code. If
wecan't (or won't) do that, well,that's why we have pgfoundry.

/Magnus

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended trans action ID module to contrib as
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as