Re: Encoding and i18n

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Encoding and i18n
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Actually I was thinking about things like formatting.c which take
>>> localized
>>> strings and return them as data which can end up in the database. If
>>> they're
>>> in the wrong encoding then they'll be invalidly encoded strings in the
>>> database.
>>
>> Oh, I didn't think of that.  Let me see if I can get an invalid string
>> into the database that way.
>
> I was quite certain when we closed most of these holes recently that we
> hadn't caught them all, so this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It seems to work correctly:

alvherre=# drop table week;
DROP TABLE
alvherre=# create table week (a text);
CREATE TABLE
alvherre=# \encoding utf8
alvherre=# insert into week  select to_char(now()-'3 days'::interval, 'tmday');
INSERT 0 1
alvherre=# \encoding latin1
alvherre=# insert into week  select to_char(now()-'3 days'::interval, 'tmday');
INSERT 0 1
alvherre=# select * from week;    a
-----------miércolesmiércoles
(2 lignes)

I tried on both a UTF8 and Latin1 terminal and it works OK in all cases.

Сообщение: Re: Polymorphic arguments and composite types
Сообщение: Re: Polymorphic arguments and composite types