Re: Difference between Vacuum and Vacuum full

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Difference between Vacuum and Vacuum full
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:45:37 -0400
"Radhika S" <radhika.sambamurti@gmail.com> wrote:
> But this has bought me to the question of what exactly is the
> difference between vacuum and vacuum full. If both give back free
> space to the disk, then why have vacuum full.

Not quite.  "VACUUM FULL" returns space to the system.  "VACUUM" only
frees the space for use by the database.  In most cases a simple VACUUM
is all you need since you are going to just be asking for the space
back anyway eventually as your database grows.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves

Сообщение: Re: Difference between Vacuum and Vacuum full
Сообщение: Re: Difference between Vacuum and Vacuum full