Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> [ on further thought ]
>
> "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> >> ... solving the problem
> >> for analyze is a nice piece of low-hanging fruit that solves an
> >> immediate problem that has been reported.
>
> Actually, if you wanted a low-hanging solution to that, it would
> probably be to revert this 8.2 patch:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-09/msg00284.php
>
> We did that because people were complaining of unexpected failures in
> manual ANALYZEs, but perhaps the cure is worse than the disease.

How about getting ShareUpdateExclusiveLock on manual analyze and plain
AccessShareLock on autovacuum-induced analyze?

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"I must say, I am absolutely impressed with what pgsql's implementation of