Re: Enforcing database encoding and locale match

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Enforcing database encoding and locale match
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I tried this program on Mac OS X 10.4.10 (the current release) and found
> out that what that OS mostly returns is the encoding portion of the
> locale name, for instance

FWIW I tried this program here, and I get

C                       ... ANSI_X3.4-1968 - NO MATCH
POSIX                   ... ANSI_X3.4-1968 - NO MATCH

Note the funny name.  Trying initdb with LC_ALL=C correctly uses
SQL_ASCII (I saw the special case in chklocale.c), but I'm wondering if
we should list those names explicitely.