Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Robert,

> We're not trying to list every OS that can run postgres in this section,
> we're trying to provide pointers for end users to standardized package
> systems they may want to use to manage installation.  As I stated
> previously[1], if you can provide a pointer to a package management
> system for Sun, we can certainly add it here.

Thing is, if you install OpenSolaris or Solaris 10 PostgreSQL is simply
there.  There's no additional packages required.  I also think there are
enough sources that some of this should be organized by OS.  So:

Solaris users can get PostgreSQL from <a
href="http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/postgresql">Blastwave</a>.
For users of Solaris 10 update 2 or later, PostgreSQL is simply included.

The OSX references should be reorganized to:

Mac OSX users can get PostgreSQL packages from <a
href="http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/postgresql">Fink</a>, <a
href="http://www.macports.org/">MacPorts</a>, or
<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/>Entropy.ch</a>.

--