how to edit entries in vendor supplied database?

От sandy_mcd@juno.com
Тема how to edit entries in vendor supplied database?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
We got a new instrument which stores our sample info in a database (vendor is useless, PostgreSQL 8.0, pgAdmin III
1.2.2,Win XP, only exe's in folder pg_dump and pg_restore). I would like to modeify a few items (e.g., correct typos,
changefile locations). The database has 56 tables; one is 'samples'. I used pg_dump to make a text file of entries. Can
Ijust use this to modify a few entries and pg_restore without consistency errors? The table 'samples' lists 31 sample
(~2months). How can I list all the items associated with each sample number (preferably by sample name) since all the
datais sorted by type first?
thanks much
Sandy

(files available)

pgsql-novice No question is too simple for this list.
Earn ATM Machine Profits While You Sleep. Simple and Easy. Click Now.
http://3rdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iig7VYFMxDXWhxLWP9lC6C4uCeMxiZCjjKiMlcq2o3FB53YDB/