Re: Getting to 8.3 beta1

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Getting to 8.3 beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 05:39:11PM +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with library versioning, but the modern solution
> is to use symbol versioning. In that scheme, a backwards-compatible
> change, like adding new functions, requires a bump of the minor version
> number only. I believe all major modern platforms supports symbol
> versioning.

The original patch for controlling the export list on Linux included
support for symbol versioning. Eventually a version of the export.list
control was committed, but without the versioning (it was rejected for
some reason, don't remember why).

In any case, to add it now for linux would be a one-line change.

Have a nice day,