Re: Duplicate public schema and user tables

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Duplicate public schema and user tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 10:51:43AM +0200, Romain Roure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We suddenly stumbled upon duplicate entities. Some of our databases
> ended up with two 'public' schemas and several duplicate user tables
> (sharing the same oid).
> After checking through the logs, it doesn't appear to be a problem
> resulting from wrap-around OID's. Though the logs mention
> transaction-wraparound may have happened.

Please shouw us the xmin,xmax columns to the pg_class tables. But if
you've wrapped around so far to get old column, then you passed the
wraparound horizon 2 billion transactions ago. Please show us exactly
what the logs say:

Oh, and do you have any backups?

> We're running PostgreSQL 8.0.1. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to be running VACUUM...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения