Re: Other ecpg thread unsafety

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Other ecpg thread unsafety
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 05:56:59PM +0900, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
>   [1] all_descriptors in ecpg/ecpglib/descriptor.c:
>       Management of descriptors used by SQL DESCRIPTOR is not safe.
>
>   [2] auto_allocs in ecpg/ecpglib/memory.c:
>       All memory allocation for statements are not safe.

These two should suffer from the same problem prep_stmt suffered from.

>   [3] nextStmtID in ecpg/ecpglib/prepare.c:
>       Increment is not safe in ECPGauto_prepare().

Not sure whether this is really a problem, but if we're fixing stuff
anyway, why not play it safe.

>   [4] stmtCacheEntries in ecpg/ecpglib/prepare.c:
>       Reading/writing are not safe in ECPGauto_prepare().

This also doesn't look like a dangerous bug, but it's still not working
as it should. I'd say let's fix them all.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes