Re: ecpg PREPARE is not thread safe

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: ecpg PREPARE is not thread safe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Right now the prepared statements are not considered connection
> specific. I'm not sure whether the standard says anything about this.
> But moving this data shoudln't be a major problem.
>
> > Even if we have some kinds of exclusive controls, current ecpg might not
> > good at prepared statements when we use multiple connections in a signle
> > thread or do multiple PREPARE in multiple threads. If so, 1 and 2 are not
> > correct fixes.
>
> Sorry, I don't get this. What exactly are you talking about here?

I'm worried that prepared statements are used in another connection.
ECPG does not consider in which connection the statements is prepared.
Are there any mix-up problem here? If no, the TSD approach is enough
to fix the race condition. If yes, per-connection approach is needed.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center