Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit
Дата
Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Neil Conway [2007-09-17 10:16 -0700]:
> At a minimum, I think we could make the fact that the transaction
> has been rolled back more obvious (e.g. echo a ROLLBACK command tag
> to the output or a similar warning message). Asking for confirmation
> might be too chatty, and it's certainly not possible in
> non-interactive mode.

Unless you do isatty(STDIN_FILENO). Nothing should change for
noninteractive mode. However, I agree that it might be annoying.

If you just output a rollback command on exit, then it is already too
late to rescue the pending transaction, so I'm not sure whether that
would help this use case so much.

What do you think about displaying a different prompt when a
transaction is pending, like showing the number of open transactions
in parentheses or so? '(2 transactions pending) mydb$' is way too
long, and '(T2) mydb$' is not intuitive. Hmm..

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

Сообщение: Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit
Сообщение: Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit