Re: importing pgsql schema into visio (for diagramming)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: importing pgsql schema into visio (for diagramming)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi list,

Le jeudi 13 septembre 2007, Andrew Hammond a écrit :
> Does anyone know where I could find a tool which allows importing schema
> information from a postgres database into visio? The boss guys want some
> pretty pictures...

Druid[1] is somewhat capable of delivering nice pictures out of an existing
database, though not on an automated way --- you have to import each table
one by one then sketch the schema out of this yourself, only linking of
tables is automatic. But the advantage not found on other tools is its
ability to create as much E/R views as needed, with whatever tables set on
them (same table on several E/R views is possible).

This allows for hand-crafting nice part picture to print, each one
corresponding to a logical part of the database instead of what was easy to
print out on some A4/letter pages.

For fully automatic processing, you can also try SchemaSpy[2] which is ok for
online browsing the schema, but not so much for dead-tree form.

 [1] http://druid.sourceforge.net/
 [2] http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps, regards,
--
dim

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: get a list of table modifications in a day?
Сообщение: Re: get a list of table modifications in a day?