Re: pgsql: Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> alvherre@postgresql.org (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> > Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it in lazy
> > vacuum, instead of waiting till commit.
>
> Weren't you going to disable vacuum_delay in that stretch of code, too?

I forgot to mention that I had patched this separately.  I back-patched
the removal of vacuum_delay all the way to 8.0, but the early release of
the AccessExclusive lock I limited to HEAD.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values