Re: A Silly Idea for Vertically-Oriented Databases

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A Silly Idea for Vertically-Oriented Databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Avery Payne wrote:

> >I thought maybe we can call it COAST, Column-oriented attribute storage technique, :-)
>
> I like it. :-)<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com"></a>  I just wish I would have read this before
applyingfor a project name

> at pgfoundry, the current proposal is given as "pg-cstore".

You can email the pgfoundry admins at gforge-admins@pgfoundry.org and
ask it to be cancelled instead of approved, and resubmit with the other
name.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not