Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris,

> But we only have one yes vote pushing it forward.  At least of the four
> of us, I haven't gone back to the archives to see if anyone else weighed
> in on the discussion.

Assuming I have a vote, I vote to push it forward *unless* there is a
technical objection to code quality, for the following reasons:

1) The benchmark publication strongly benefits the whole PostgreSQL project
and will hopefully lead to expanding our JDBC contributor pool;

2) Since most other DBMSes (including DB2, MySQL and Oracle) have caching
in their drivers this makes PostgreSQL more competitive for Java projects;

3) Not all Java users are using appservers, so it's a useful feature for
those still using JSP and other non-appserver implementations.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?
Сообщение: Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?