Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Pallav Kalva wrote:

> My main concern is filling up my disk with archive logs, so from all the
> replies I get is that since tuples are already frozen, next time when it
> runs autovacuum it wont generate any archive logs.
>
> Is my assumption right ?

Well, it won't generate any logs for the tuples that were just frozen,
but it will generate logs for tuples that weren't frozen.  How many of
these there are, depends on how many tuples you inserted after the batch
that was just frozen.

If you want to freeze the whole table completely, you can you VACUUM
FREEZE.