Re: Password requirement in windows installer

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Password requirement in windows installer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 12:37:16PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Decibel! wrote:
> >Is there something insecure about using ident sameuser for localhost
> >authentication on Windows?
> >

> FWIW, I never advise people to use ident auth for postgres except on
> local (a.k.a. Unix domain socket) connections, which don't exist on Windows.

Is it easy to spoof where an incoming connection request is coming from?
Is there something else that makes ident on 127.0.0.1/32 insecure?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Сообщение: Re: enum types and binary queries
Сообщение: Re: enum types and binary queries