Re: date problems

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: date problems
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
am  Thu, dem 30.08.2007, um 15:01:03 +0200 mailte ivan marchesini folgendes:
> Dear PG users,
> I have an access db and I'm trying to pass all to postgres
> I have used mdbtools to export the schema and all went quite well.
> then I exported the single tables... to csv..
>
> a lot of table have some timestamp fields containing data as DD/MM/YYYY,
> and I'm no able to copy this table into postgres... because it needs
> YYYY/MM/DD...
> I used \copy...
>
> Which is the best solution for this problem...

Change this in the csv-file with text-tools like sed or awk. Other
solution: use a temp. table for input and use to_date to convert,
simple example:

test=> create table e (d date);
CREATE TABLE
test=*> create table e_temp (d text);
CREATE TABLE
test=*> copy e_temp from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>> 30/08/2007
>> \.
test=*> insert into e select to_date(d, 'dd/mm/yyyy') from e_temp;
INSERT 0 1
test=*> select * from e;    d
------------2007-08-30
(1 row)