BUG #3589: /etc/init.d/postgresql reload doesn't reflect /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf log_statement

От fuminori ido
Тема BUG #3589: /etc/init.d/postgresql reload doesn't reflect /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf log_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3589
Logged by:          fuminori ido
Email address:      ido@netlab.jp
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.7
Operating system:   GNU/Linux, Debian3.1
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf log_statement
Details:

Dear,

When I operate the following steps from command-line, postgres still
generates SQL statement.  Is this bug or spec?:

1) At first, set log_statement=true in /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf

2) do reload by /etc/init.d/postgresql reload
  I can see a lot of SQL in /var/log/postgresql/postgres.log.

3) Then, I commented-out the log_statement=true.  This means I thought
default setting(log_statement=false) would be effective.

4) do reload as the same; /etc/init.d/postgresql reload
  Still SQL is genrated as follows:

>  (lot of SQLs in the log)
>      :
> 2007-08-30 11:32:45 [3791] LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading configuration
files
> 2007-08-30 11:32:47 [3833] LOG:  statement: start transaction;set
transaction isolation level serializable;select last_value from
"_mrs".sl_action_seq;
>      :
>  (still lot of SQLs in the log)

This is not what I expected.  At step 3) above, I think commented-out means
set to default value.  However, this behavior means, I guess, reload does
nothing when config statement is missing.  Maybe I need to write explicitly
"log_statement=false" even though it is default value in order to be
effective on reload?

I couldn't get answer by searching Google so I'm posting this unknown
behavior here.

Much appreciate for your answer!

Best Regards

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3588: coalesce not working in join
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3589: /etc/init.d/postgresql reload doesn't reflect /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf log_statement