Re: significant vacuum issues - looking for suggestions

От Kevin Kempter
Тема Re: significant vacuum issues - looking for suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Monday 27 August 2007 15:56:33 Kevin Grittner wrote:

> > As for your pg_dump idea... why not just do a CREATE TABLE AS SELECT *
> > FROM bloated_table? That would likely be much faster than messing around
> > with pg_dump.
>
> He wanted to upgrade to 8.2.4.  CREATE TABLE AS won't get him there.

> > What kind of disk hardware is this running on? A good raid 10 array with
> > write caching should be able to handle a 200G database fairly well
>
> What other details were you looking for?
>
> -Kevin

>        match

I decided to fix this table first - did so by creating a new table, running a
select from insert into and renaming the orig table to old_XXX and then
renamed the new table to the orig table's name.

I'll drop the orig table once I'm sure there are no data issues.

I'm planning to setup a new file system layout for the box(es) and try to do a
pg_dump | psql for the upgrade.

Сообщение: Re: significant vacuum issues - looking for suggestions
Сообщение: Re: significant vacuum issues - looking for suggestions