Re: deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> I am having some dead locking problem with my app system. Our dev are
> debugging the app to find out the cause of the problem. In the mean time
> I looked at postgresql.conf file. I found that there is a parameter in
> postgresql.conf file deadlock_timeout which was set 1000 (ms).  Normally
> I see deadlock in the night or when auto vacuum is running for a long
> time.
>
> My question is
>
> What is the significance of this parameter and updating this parameter
> value will make any difference ?

Does the documentation leave anything unanswered?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/runtime-config-locks.html

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

От: "Sachchida Ojha"
Сообщение: deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof