Re: PG Seg Faults Performing a Query

От Bill Thoen
Тема Re: PG Seg Faults Performing a Query
Дата
Re: PG Seg Faults Performing a Query
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:46:21AM +1200, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Bill Thoen <bthoen@gisnet.com> wrote:
> > How would you suggest I try to track down this problem?
> > Any suggestions?
> postgres version?
> Operating system?
> Anything in the log(s)?

PostgreSQL Version is 8.1.5, running on Linux (Fedora Core 6). The last few
lines in the Serverlog are:
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 1073746500, limited by database
"postgres"
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 1073746500, limited by database
"postgres"

(I ran VACUUM FULL after it crashed to make sure there was no loose disk
space floating around, so that last line was probably from that.) I assume
that bit about "transaction wrap limit" is informational and not related to
this problem.

My PostgreSQL is working great for small SQL queries even from my large
table (18 million records). But when I ask it to retrieve anything that
takes it more than 10 minutes to assemble, it crashes with this
"Segmentation Fault" error. I get so little feedback and I'm still pretty
unfamiliar with Postgresql that I don't even know where to begin.

This version of PostgreSQL was compiled from source with support for various
other packages needed for GIS support, but the tables I'm trying to extract
data from contain no GIS information. So I believe that this operation is
plain PostgreSQL.

Any help you can offer as to how I can track down what's wrong would be
greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work and can only use small
tables in PG, then its usefulnes to me will be pretty limited.

- Bill Thoen