Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 09:32:33PM +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I do have to wonder how you're getting the data *in* though. If it's large
> enough to have to stream out like this then how do you initially load the
> data?
Well, in my particular case it isn't so much that I *want*
to access bytea in chunks but rather that under certain
not-yet-pinned-down circumstances windows clients tend to go
out-or-memory on the socket during *retrieval* (insertion is
fine, as is put/get access from Linux clients). Doing
chunked retrieval works on those boxen, too, so it's an
option in our application (the user defines a chunk size
that works, a size of 0 is treated as no-chunking).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA