Re: Some frustrations with admin tasks on PGSQL database

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Some frustrations with admin tasks on PGSQL database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 07:49:08PM +0800, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> I have dropped all indexes/indicises on my table, except for the
> primary key. Still, when I run the query:
>     UPDATE mytable SET mycolumn = lower(mycolumn);

can you please check this:

select count(*) from mytable;
select count(*) from mytable where mycolumn ~ '[A-Z]';

and if the second is lower than first make the update:
update mytable set mycolumn = lower(mycolumn) where mycolumn ~ '[A-Z]';

of course if your data contain national characters you have to include
them (upper case only) in this regexp.

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)