New Survey?

От Josh Berkus
Тема New Survey?
Дата
Re: New Survey?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-www
Folks,

The survey currently up is way out of date.  Here's replacement suggestions.

It would also be great if David could announce new surveys in PWN.

===========
OS: it's been a while since we did a server OS survey:

Q: On what operating system are the largest or most of your production or
chief development PostgreSQL servers running?

-- Red Hat Linux
-- Debian/Ubuntu
-- Other Linux
-- Windows
-- Solaris
-- FreeBSD
-- Other OS

==========
App type:

Q: What is the database task for which you primariy use PostgreSQL in
production?

-- OLTP / e-commerce
-- Web content management
-- Web 2.0 applications
-- Data warehousing
-- Monitoring & Security
-- Several / all of the above
-- Do not use PostgreSQL in production

===========
Version:

Q: Which version of PostgreSQL are most of your servers currently deployed on?

-- 7.2 or earlier
-- 7.3
-- 7.4
-- 8.0
-- 8.1
-- 8.2
-- Latest CVS snapshot, yeah!

============
Upgrades

Q: When do you upgrade your main machines after a new PostgreSQL release?

-- I upgrade during beta
-- Immediately after .0 comes out
-- I wait for the .1 release
-- 1-3 months
-- 4-9 months
-- I'm generally 1 or 2 versions behind
-- Whenever my OS supports the new version
-- Never

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun