Re: Any use for two Compaqs in Europe?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Any use for two Compaqs in Europe?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:36:36PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Stéphane Schildknecht wrote:
> >Hi Josh,
> >
> >PostgreSQLFr is interested in getting thoses machines, as we are looking
> >for a better way to host the postgresqlfr.org website.
> >
> >What's more we have a solution to take the servers in Grenoble.
> >
> >Just let me know if it's OK for You.
>
> It's good by me.   WWW team?

I'd like to see the specs of the servers before committing. If they're well
performing machines, I would suggest we set them up as VM hosts the same
way as the others, and not dedicate them to one task.

Now,if we do that, I'm absolutely not against sticking them in the pgfr
guys place in Grenoble. Actually, I think it's a great idea - not putting
all eggs in the same place. But I would suggest we set it up in a way that
the postgresqlfr.org website has one dedicated VM, and we have other VMs
available for other things as needed.

Oh, also - Stephane, what's the datacenter like? Connectivity,
availability, etc?

That's assuming the machiens are actually reasonably new - if they're
actual "compaq" machines that means they're old, and probably not
worthwhile setting up VMs on. So in that case, I'm fine with single-task
box dedicated to postgresqlfr.org.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab
Сообщение: Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab